All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrating sport psychology with the personal testimonies of baseball players, this helpful guide offers a step-by-step overview of what it takes for a boy playing little league baseball to work his way to college ball, the mir leagues, and beyond. Throughout, emphasis remains on the mental challenges players face and ways players can prepare for these challenges, both on and off the field. From college scholarships to meager mir league salaries, from getting traded to getting injured, this handbook will help athletes and parents navigate choices while illuminating the mental aspects that give the game its unpredictability and vitality.
- Author Biography<b>Kelly J. Pfaff</b> teaches writing at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, Louisiana. <b>Peder N. Piering</b>, a clinical and sports psychologist, is founder and president of igniteyourlife.org, which offers psychological consultation to athletes and coaches.
- Author(s)Kelly J. Pfaff,Lisa L. Gezon
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleAdvances in Critical Medical Anthropology
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight456 g
- Width6 mm
- Height9 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.