All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat could be merrier than joining Robin Hood's band of Merry Men for adventures in the English countryside? Pirates of the trees rather than the seas, Little John, Friar Tuck, Will Scarlet, and many others ensure that Robin's clever schemes relieve the rich of their excess treasures and redistribute the wealth to those most in need. Howard Pyle was an accomplished author and illustrator; his original images, published with the stories in 1883, appear throughout the book. You will leave leaf unturned in this latest addition to the Word Cloud Classics series.
- Author BiographyThe work of American illustrator and author Howard Pyle (1853--1911) has appeared in more than 3,500 publications, and in his lifetime, he became one of the country's most famous illustrators. On his death in 1911, the New York Times called Pyle the father of American magazine illustration as it is known to-day. He is best known for his 1883 novel, The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood.
- PublisherThunder Bay Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleWord Cloud Classics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCanterbury Classics
- Content NoteB&W illustrations throughout
- Weight428 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Howard Pyle
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.36Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.