All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis book argues that a plausible account of emergence requires replacing the traditional assumption that what primarily exists are particular entities with generic processes. Traversing contemporary physics and issues of identity over time, it then proceeds to develop a metaphysical taxomy of emergent entities and of the character of human life.
- Author BiographyRichard Campbell AM is Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at The Australian National University. He has served as Dean of Arts and Pro-Vice-Chancellor at the ANU, and was for 15 years also involved in restructuring the system of school education in the Australian Capital Territory. In 1986 he was installed by Queen Elizabeth II as a Member of the Order of Australia. He is author of Secondary Education for Canberra (1973), From Belief to Understanding (1976), Truth and Historicity (1992), The Concept of Truth (2011), and numerous articles.
- Author(s)Richard Campbell
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight560 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.