Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAwareness of the need to deepen the method and methodology of legal research is only recent. The same is true for comparative law, by nature a more adventurous branch of legal research, which is often something researchers simply do, whenever they look at foreign legal systems to answer one or more of a range of questions about law, whether these questions are doctrinal, ecomic, sociological, etc. Given the diversity of comparative research projects, the precise contours of the methods employed, or the epistemological issues raised by them, are to a great extent a function of the nature of the research questions asked. As a result, the search for a unique, one-size-fits-all comparative law methodology is unlikely to be fruitful. That however does t make reflection on the method and culture of comparative law meaningless. Mark Van Hoecke has, throughout his career, been interested in many topics, but legal theory, comparative law and methodology of law stand out. Building upon his work, this book brings together a group of leading authors working at the crossroads of these themes: the method and culture of comparative law. With contributions by: Maurice Adams, John Bell, Joxerramon Bengoetxea, Roger Brownsword, Sean Patrick Donlan, Rob van Gestel and Hans Micklitz, Patrick Glenn, Jaap Hage, Dirk Heirbaut, Jaakko Husa, Souichirou Kozuka and Luke Nottage, Martin Lohnig, Susan Millns, Toon Moonen, Francois Ost, Heikki Pihlajamaki, Geoffrey Samuel, Mathias Siems, Jorn Oyrehagen Sunde, Catherine Valcke and Matthew Grellette, Alain Wijffels.
- Author BiographyMaurice Adams is Professor of General Jurisprudence at the University of Tilburg. Dirk Heirbaut is Professor of Legal History and Roman Law at Ghent University.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDirk Heirbaut,Maurice Adams
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.