All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionBoth sides in controversies tend to claim that they have logic on their side. This book proposes that the interminable nature of these controversies suggests there is a problem with the main tool of logic, the syllogism. Drawing on contemporary developments in social theory and philosophy, Stanley Raffel argues that metaphors are t just aesthetic tools; they can also be used to judge phemena. Featuring case studies drawn from both literary material and current controversial debates, The Method of Metaphor ultimately demonstrates the value of this neglected potential of metaphoric reasoning and shows its far-reaching implications in both moral behavior and moral education.
- Author BiographyStanley Raffel is an honorary fellow at Edinburgh University.
- Author(s)Stanley Raffel
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication27/08/2013
- Series TitleCulture, Disease and Well-being: The Grey Zone of Health and Illness
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Weight282 g
- Width172 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.