Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic book covers the solution of differential equations in science and engineering in such as way as to provide an introduction for vices before progressing toward increasingly more difficult problems. Problem sets make this book ideal for self-study or as a course text. The Method of Weighted Residuals and Variational Principles:* Describes variational principles, including how to find them and how to use them to construct error bounds and create stationary principles.* Illustrates how to use simple methods to find approximate solutions and how to use the finite element method for more complex problems.* Provides detailed information on error bounds.
- Author BiographyBruce A. Finlayson is Rehnberg Professor Emeritus of Chemical Engineering at the University of Washington. He was a pioneer in the use of computers in chemical engineering education and has received numerous awards from the Chemical Engineering Division of the American Society for Engineering Education. He is the author of four books and a member of the National Academy of Engineering. He served as the President of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers in 2000.
- Author(s)Bruce A. Finlayson
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- Series TitleClassics in Applied Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.