Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionJames Kx Polk (1845-1849) was the first commander-in-chief to demand detailed kwledge of his administration's every action. He made audacious use of covert actions and was determined to keep these operations from the Congress. Polk authorised covert operations in both the Republic of Texas and Mexico to bribe and cajole the Texans into voting to join the Union and to cause the Republic of Texas to be at war with Mexico at the time of annexation.<br><br>Secret agents were sent to Cuba; spies bribed Mexican officials t to resist the invading Americans. Mexican highwaymen were released from prison, recruited as spies, and kwn as the Mexican Spy Company.
- Author Biography<strong>A. Brooke Caruso</strong>, a former U.S. Navy officer, with several tours in intelligence billets, lives in Franklin, North Carolina.
- Author(s)A.Brooke Caruso
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, maps
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.