All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Mexican Texans, author Phyllis McKenzie uses historical narrative and a wealth of photographs to explore how time has shaped the identity of Mexican Texans and their continued contribution in the Lone Star State through more than six generations. With vivid descriptions of the language, music, values, and celebrations that enrich Mexican Texan life, this book will appeal to readers young and old who are interested in Texas and Mexican history. Features include - 58 illustrations - boxed biographical sketches - Spanish poetry with English translation - recipes for traditional Mexican Texan dishes The Mexican Texans is part of a five-volume set from the Institute of Texan Cultures. The entire set, entitled Texans All, explores the social and cultural contributions made by five distinctive cultural groups that already existed in Texas prior to its statehood or that came to Texas in the early twentieth century: The Indian Texans, The Mexican Texans, The European Texans, The African Texans, and The Asian Texans.
- Author BiographyFor the past twelve years Phyllis McKenzie has lived in San Antonio, where she curates the five-part Tejano exhibit at the Institute of Texan Cultures.
- Author(s)Phyllis McKenzie
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2004
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleTexans All S.
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note58 b&w photos, 1 map, bibliography, index
- Weight340 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.