All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLliana Bird and Dr Jack Lewis tackle the strange and surreal phemena from the depths of the oceans to the limits of the far flung universe; the dark corners of your laundry basket to the forgotten compartments of your fridge. Packed with unusual facts and stories of the absurd each of the fascinating insights is told with the Geek Chic team's inimitable humour and wit. An hilarious exploration all things bizarre from the world of science, The Mice Who Sing for Sex takes on weighty issues including heavy metal loving sharks, life-threatening skinny jeans, our impending jellyfish apocalypse and of course, the singing mice of the title.
- Author BiographyLliana Bird presents a weekly music show on Radio X, blogs regularly for The Huffington Post and is an avid science enthusiast who studied Experimental Psychology at university. She believes that science could be the new rock'n'roll and is on a slightly wonky mission to prove it. She is also the co-founder of the charity 'Help Refugees', plays a mean game of poker and has a healthy obsession with cheese. Dr Jack Lewis is a born and bred Londoner who studied neuroscience at university, going on to scan brains for three years to earn his Ph.D. Jack has been a science presenter on many TV series; culminating in his very own brain series on the new ultrahigh definition digital channel: Insight.Tv. In his spare time Jack likes to surf, read, roller-skate, run around Richmond Park and (believe it or not) carve stone on the banks of the River Thames. Lliana and Dr Jack met in 2014 while presenting a psychology show for the BBC and the idea for their award winning podcast 'Geek Chic's Weird Science' was born. Together they brought it to Lliana's weekly show on Radio X (then Xfm) and introduced thousands of listeners to their weird and wonderful world of science.
- Author(s)Dr. Jack Lewis,Lliana Bird
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteLine drawings throughout
- Weight480 g
- Width144 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.