All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its sixty-first edition, this title continues to provide the most up-to-date geo-political and ecomic information for this important world area. New for 2015: - a brand new essay on the prospects for Kurdish automy and independence - full details and analysis of the accession of Abd al-Fatah al-Sisi to the Egyptian presidency - extensive coverage of the ongoing conflict between Government and opposition forces in Syria, and of the political and military crisis in Iraq Key Features: - covers the Middle East and North Africa from Algeria to Yemen - includes topical contributions from ackwledged experts on regional affairs - accurately and impartially records the latest political and ecomic developments - provides comprehensive data on all major organizations active in the countries of the region. General Survey - introductory essays cover a wide range of topics relating to the region as a whole. Country Surveys Individual chapters on each country incorporating: - essays on the physical and social geography, recent history and ecomy - an extensive statistical survey of ecomic and social indicators, which include area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, communications media and education - a full directory with names, addresses and contact details covering the constitution, government, legislature, political organizations, election commissions, diplomatic representation, judiciary, religious groups, the media, finance, trade and industry (including petroleum and natural gas), tourism, defence and education - a country-specific bibliography, providing suggestions for further research. Regional Information - includes all major international organizations active in the Middle East and North Africa; research institutes specializing in the region; and select bibliographies of books and periodicals.
- Author BiographyEuropa publications have long been regarded as premier reference resources, providing authoritative political and economic data for every country and region of the world, biographical profiles of the most influential global figures in every field, including politics, science, business, academia, the arts and the media, and unrivalled access to information on universities, libraries and other academic institutions world-wide. Available in print and online, Europa's principal titles, The Europa World Year Book,The Europa Regional Surveys of the World, The International Who's Who and The Europa World of Learning, serve the contemporary research needs of students, academics and information-seekers in specialist and general reference libraries, government offices and commercial institutions in every country.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEuropa Publications Ltd
- Weight2018 g
- Width211 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byEuropa Publications
- Edition Statement61st Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.