All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA brilliantly told magical story that questions what it means to be free. World War II, Eastern Europe: Tomas and his younger brother, Andrej, have fled their Romany encampment which has been besieged by the Germans; they carry Wilma, their baby sister, in a sack. In an abandoned, bombed-out town, the children discover a zoo. In it are a wolf and an eagle, a monkey, bear, lioness, seal, chamois and llama. The animals tell their stories to the children as they try to begin to understand what has become of their lives and, when they try to figure out a way to release the animals, what it means to be free.
- Author BiographySonya Hartnett an the internationally acclaimed author of many award-winning novels. She was the 2008 recipient of the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award for children's literature, the world's largest prize for children's and youth literature. This is her seventh novel for Walker Books and Candlewick Press.
- Author(s)Sonya Hartnett
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width137 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Illustrator(s)Andrea Offermann
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $66.36
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.86
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.61
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.