All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe alcoholic misadventures of a writer named Jerzy, who has woken up in rehab 18 times. Whilst in rehab he has been treated by the stern therapist Moses Alias I Alcohol and each time, after leaving, he has stopped of at the off-license to pick up the alcohol supplies necessary to help his face the return to his ruined apartment. Whilst in rehab Jerzy collects the stories of his fellow alcoholics, Don Juan the Rib, the Sugar King, the Queen of Kent and the Hero of Socialist Labor, trying to tell the universal story and motivations of the alcoholic.
- Author BiographyJerzy Pilch is one of Poland's most important contemporary writers. In addition to his long-running satirical newspaper column, Pilch has published several novels, and has been nominated for Poland's NIKE Literary Award four times; he finally won the Award in 2001 for The Mighty Angel. Bill Johnston is Director of the Polish Studies Center at Indiana University and has translated works by Witold Gombrowicz, Magdalena Tulli, Wieslaw Mysliwski, and others. He won the Best Translated Book Award in 2012 and the inaugural Found in Translation Award in 2008.
- Author(s)Jerzy Pilch
- PublisherOpen Letter
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRochester, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Letter
- Weight321 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.