All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are a family on a journey to a place called wonderful is the motto of Deza Malone's family. Deza is the smartest girl in her class in Gary, Indiana, singled out by teachers for a special path in life. But the Great Depression hit Gary hard, and there are jobs for black men. When her beloved father leaves to find work, Deza, Mother, and her older brother Jimmie go in search of him, and end up in a Hooverville outside Flint, Michigan. Jimmie's beautiful voice inspires him to leave the camp to be a performer, while Deza and Mother find a new home, and cling to the hope that they will find Father. The twists and turns of their story reveal the devastation of the Depression and prove that Deza truly is the Mighty Miss Malone.
- Author BiographyCHRISTOPHER PAUL CURTIS is the bestselling author of Bud, Not Buddy, winner of the Newbery Medal and the Coretta Scott King Medal, among many other honors. His first novel, The Watsons Go to Birmingham--1963, was also singled out for many awards, among them a Newbery Honor and a Coretta Scott King Honor.
- Author(s)Christopher Paul Curtis
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintWendy Lamb Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width150 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.77Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.62Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.00Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $41.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.