All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.19Trending at AU $16.34
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Times bestselling author Darcie Chan returns to the enchanting town of Mill River in a heartwarming vel of family, self-discovery, and forgiveness. Perfect for fans of Maeve Binchy. Josie DiSanti is starting over. Recently widowed, she has fled her New York City home with her two young daughters spirited Rose and shy Emily in tow. She takes refuge in Mill River, Vermont, to live with her only remaining relative, Ivy Collard, the local bookstore owner and a woman Josie barely kws. There, the young mother and her girls build a new life for themselves until a shocking tragedy tears the sisters apart. Years later, Josie s still-estranged daughters return to the quiet town for the reading of their mother s will, which stipulates that they must work together to locate a hidden key to a safe-deposit box containing their inheritance. Even from the great beyond, it seems Josie will do anything to bring about her daughters reconciliation. Having choice but to go along with their mother s final wishes, Rose and Emily move back to Mill River for the summer to begin the search discovering that, in the close-knit community kwn for magic and miracles, an even greater treasure awaits them. Praise for The Mill River Redemption Delving into the complicated roles of siblings, parents, and neighbors, [Darcie] Chan gives each Mill River character a powerful role in refining and influencing these dynamics. New York Journal of Books Darcie Chan paints a vivid and loving portrait of the kind of small town we all wished we lived in. This layered tale of two estranged sisters brought together by a mother s love will make you laugh, cry, cheer, hug your loved ones a little tighter. An enchanting storyteller, Chan is one of those rare authors who make you feel more fully alive. Elizabeth Letts, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Eighty-Dollar Champion Readers looking for a feel-good book about small towns and family bonds won t be disappointed by Chan s latest. Kirkus Reviews An engrossing page-turner, reeling readers in further with each layer that s revealed . . . a satisfying read with sympathetic and relatable characters that will be good for book group discussions and vacation reading. Library Journal Charming . . . compelling . . . Slow reveals and dramatic twists proliferate. Booklist Look for special features inside. Join the Random House Reader s Circle for author chats and more.
- Author BiographyDarcie Chan is the New York Times bestselling author of the eBook sensation The Mill River Recluse and the novel The Mill River Redemption. She has been featured in The New York Times, USA Today, and The Wall Street Journal. For fourteen years, Chan worked as an attorney drafting environmental and natural resource legislation for the U.S. Senate. She now writes fiction full-time and lives north of New York City with her husband and son.
- Author(s)Darcie Chan
- PublisherBallantine Books
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleMill River
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books
- Weight304 g
- Width135 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.