Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mill on the Floss is George Eliot's most autobiographical novel, and it has remained one of her most popular and influential since it was published in 1860. It tells the story of Maggie Tulliver, whose passionate embrace of her own potential meets the obstacle of provincial society's narrow view of women. This new edition includes a scholarly introduction, extensive contextualizing notes, as well as valuable appendices dealing with 19th century views of disability, education, women and more.
- Author BiographyOliver Lovesey is Associate Professor of English at the University of British Columbia-Okanagan. He is the author of The Clerical Character in George Eliot's Fiction (ELS, 1991) and Ngugi wa Thiong'o (Twayne, 2000).
- Author(s)George Eliot
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleBroadview Editions
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byOliver Lovesey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.