All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction by Carl Jensen This facinating vel by one of America's best loved writers is set in New York in the year 2000 when capitalism finds its zenith with the building of The Pleasure Palace, a glittering half-mile structure in the middle of Central Park. At the opening an experiment goes badly wrong and an explosion kills everyone in the world save eleven of the people at The Pleasure Palace. They struggle to rebuild their lives by creating a new capitalistic society but soon find that to survive they will have to find a new way of life.
- Author BiographyUPTON SINCLAIR was born in Baltimore, Maryland, on September 20, 1878, and died near Bound Brook, New Jersey, on September 20, 1968. His novel The Jungle (1906) led to the clean up of nation's meat supply industry, and to the creation of the Food and Drug Administration; another, The Brass Check, paved the way for the Newspaper Guild; Boston influenced America's perception of the Saccho-Vanzetti case; OIL! opened America's eyes to avaricious corporate oil swindlers; Dragon's Teeth brought him the Pulitzer Prize for Literature; and his eleven-volume Lanny Budd series became an internationally popular history of the world from 1911 to 1950. Sinclair was a true Renaissance man and a fearless crusader for social justice.
- Author(s)Upton Sinclair
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/06/2000
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width141 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine6 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $9.42Trending at AU $13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.