All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWhen over the course of a decade a group of high society New York and Shanghai millennials are forced to question whether their shared experiences mean they are here on earth for a higher purpose, the answer becomes resoundingly affirmative. With spellbinding prose and a unique sensitivity for the insecurities, desires and needs of the Millennial generation, Daniel Mark Harrison has written a vel like other out there. The Millennial Reincarnations goes to places that neither satire, romance or thriller today dare venture, harking back to a period of mid-18th century and early post-modern literary experimentation, reminiscent of masters of prose such as James Joyce, Anne Cecile Desclos and Donatien Alphonse Francois. Like the great voices that challenges the status quo in order to capture the subconscious zeitgeist of the era, in The Millennial Reincarnations Harrison paints a portrait of the areas of the human mind that are forbidden to velists of the day. In doing so, he captures a deeply sensual and alarming incence of mind, showing us most of all what it means to be Millennial, which he describes as an entire generation at once emotionally detached and dependently wealthy. Harrison explores in explicit fashion where our first ideas and personal fantasies have taken shape in this new virtual era, demonstrating in a uniquely lyrical context explicitly how these experiences have come to define our principles of love and hate, pleasure and pain, and loyalty and betrayal. Critics have hailed the book easily the best this year (Huffington Post), complex, rich, and engrossing all in one ... a unique five star read (Mid West Book Review), ambitious (Il Figlio), and required reading (Jeffrey Robinson, #1 NYT Bestseller), lauding Harrison's brash confidence in the privileged, fast-moving world he describes (Kirkus) where the female characters ... are Katniss-style strong (Bustle). Since the publication of the first edition of The Millennial Reincarnations was published in mid-2015, this book has come to be considered thing less than an early cult classic for the Millennial era.
- Author BiographyDaniel Mark Harrison is a best-selling author and entrepreneur who lives in Singapore.
- Author(s)Daniel Mark Harrison
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.