All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe ideas of US Air Force Colonel John Boyd have transformed American military policy and practice. A first-rate fighter pilot and a self-taught scholar, he wrote the first manual on jet aerial combat; spearheaded the design of both of the Air Force's premier fighters, the F-15 and the F-16; and shaped the tactics that saved lives during the Vietnam War and the strategies that won the Gulf War. Many of America's best-kwn military and political leaders consulted Boyd on matters of techlogy, strategy, and theory. <p/>In The Mind of War, Grant T. Hammond offers the first complete portrait of John Boyd, his groundbreaking ideas, and his enduring legacy. Based on extensive interviews with Boyd and those who knew him as well as on a close analysis of Boyd's briefings, this intellectual biography brings the work of an extraordinary thinker to a broader public.
- Author BiographyGrant T. Hammond, director of the Center for Strategy and Technology and professor of international relations at the Air War College, is the author of Plowshares into Swords: Arms Races in International Politics, 1840-1991.
- Author(s)Grant T. Hammond
- PublisherSmithsonian Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmithsonian Books
- Content Note13ill.
- Weight404 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.