All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeople who worry focus on problems and potential disasters, while people who ruminate focus on regrets and mistakes. Common topics for worry and rumination include fears about interpersonal relationships, guilt, decision-making, and unsatisfied life goals. Worriers fear the future and ruminators dwell on the past, but they have one thing in common - both are unable to focus their attention to the present. What's more, excessive worry and rumination can lead to depression and generalized anxiety disorder. The Mindful Path Through Worry and Rumination helps readers end these negative, passive mental habits and take up the new habit of mindfulness. In this book, readers use a combination of Buddhist spiritual practices and proven psychological strategies to learn to let go of what they cant control - the past and the future - and focus instead on the present. Mindfulness, daily wellness routines that can serve as healthy cognitive distractions and behavioural goals will guide readers to more content lives free of the distress of worry and rumination.
- Author BiographySameet M. Kumar, Ph.D., is a Buddhist psychotherapist. He received his doctorate at the University of Miami and has trained with many leading Hindu and Tibetan Buddhist teachers.
- Author(s)Sameet M. Kumar
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication16/10/2009
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight258 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.