All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you suffer from intense emotions, you are t alone. Millions of Americans are diagsed with emotion regulation disorders, such as borderline personality disorder (BPD) and other comorbid conditions like post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and severe depression. Developed by Marsha Linehan, DBT is a clinically proven, evidence-based treatment for intense emotions that can help you start feeling better right away. This is the first consumer-friendly book to offer Linehan's new mindfulness skills to help you take control of your emotions, once and for all. In this book, you'll learn seven powerful skills that highlight the unique connection between mindfulness and emotion regulation. Each skill is designed to help you find focus in the present moment, reduce impulsive behavior, and increase a sense of connection to your true self, even during times of extreme stress or difficulty. You can feel calmer, more grounded, and centered. If you're ready, the mindfulness practices in this book will help you move away from a chaotic, emotion-driven life and cultivate a focused, intentional one.
- Author BiographyCedar R. Koons, MSW, LCSW, has had a mindfulness practice for over forty years. She has assisted at numerous retreats with Marsha Linehan, Roshi, and treatment developer of dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). For over twenty years, as a therapist, DBT team leader, researcher, trainer and consultant, Cedar has taught the skills she describes in this book to people struggling to find relief from intense emotions. Koons resides in Dixon, New Mexico. Foreword writer Marsha M. Linehan, PhD, is professor of psychology and director of the Behavioral Research and Therapy Clinics (BRTC) at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA. She is author of Cognitive Behavioral Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder and Skills Training Manual for Treating Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Author(s)Cedar R. Koons
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight402 g
- Width230 mm
- Height159 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.