All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone can pick up a pair of needles and a ball of yarn. And everyone can be mindful. The Mindfulness in Knitting casts fresh light on this famously calming craft, and reveals how the simple repetition of plain and purl can in itself nurture wellbeing. Rachael Matthews explores the joys of making and looks at the benefits of taking up one of the simplest and most useful of crafts.
- Author BiographyRachael Matthews (London, UK) is the director of Cast Off Knitting Club, and Prick Your Finger, an ethical yarn shop and textile gallery, both in East London. An artist specializing in knitting, and a teacher focusing on Craftivism and craft process, she has curated knitted works at the V&A, Barbican, Tate Modern, and the Crafts Council, including a Yan Tan Tethara Mandala. Rachael was a columnist of Simply Knitting Magazine for six years, is regularly featured in the international press, and is the author of Knitorama (2005).
- Author(s)Rachael Matthews
- PublisherThe Ivy Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Ivy Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.