All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mind's Ear offers a unique approach to stimulating the musical imagination and inspiring creativity, as well as providing detailed exercises aimed at improving the ability to read and imagine music in silence, in the mind's ear. Modeling his exercises on those used in theater games and acting classes, and drawing upon years of experience with improvisation and composition, Bruce Adolphe has written a compelling, valuable, and practical guide to musical creativity that can benefit music students at all levels and help music teachers be more effective and inspiring. The book also provides provocative ideas and useful tools for professional performers and composers, as well as offering games and exercises to serious listeners that can increase their musical understanding and level of engagement with music in a variety of ways.
- Author BiographyAn internationally renowned composer whose works have been performed by the Washington National Opera, the Metropolitan Opera Guild, Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman, and others, Bruce Adolphe is resident lecturer and director of family concerts for The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, creative director of The Learning Maestros, creator of piano puzzlers on public radio, and composer-in-residence at the Brain and Creativity Institute at USC.
- Author(s)Bruce Adolphe
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note6 music examples
- Weight212 g
- Width141 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.