All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Minister's Guide to Psychological Disorders and Treatments, 2nd ed, is a thorough yet succinct guide to everything a minister might need to kw about the most common psychological disorders and the most useful mental-health treatments. Written in straightforward and accessible language, this is the minister's one-stop guide to understanding common mental health problems, helping parishioners who struggle with them, and thinking strategically about whether to refer-and if so, to whom. This thoroughly updated edition is fully aligned with the latest edition of the Diagstic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) and the latest evidence regarding evidence-based psychological treatments. The second edition also contains a new chapter on ministerial triage as well as additions to the DSM-V such as autism spectrum disorder and somatic symptom disorders. Written with deep empathy for the demands of contemporary pastoring, this guide is destined to become an indispensable reference work for busy clergy in all ministry roles and settings.
- Author BiographyW. Brad Johnson, PhD, is professor of psychology in the department of leadership, ethics, and law at the United States Naval Academy and a faculty associate in the Graduate School of Education at Johns Hopkins University. He is a clinical psychologist and former lieutenant commander in the Navy's Medical Service Corps. William L. Johnson, PhD, was professor emeritus of the department of psychology at Whitworth University while maintaining an active private practice in psychology. For much of his career, he was a church elder and busy consultant to a generation of pastors.
- Author(s)W. Brad Johnson,William L. Johnson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.