Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn ancient and medieval times every walled city and castle, along with most towns and villages, posted a watchman around the clock. Although t exactly a high-status job, everyone recognized the importance of the watchman. He functioned as the guardian of the community, and the safety and security of all rested on him. We don't live in walled cities anymore. Nor do we station watchmen in guardhouses at the city limits. Nonetheless, we still face a host of threats which render the principle of the watchman as relevant today as in the past. Every church, regardless of size, should have an organized committee whose designated ministry is to survey the surrounding cultural landscape and report regularly on matters of particular relevance to the congregation. Like the men of Issachar in I Chronicles 12:32 who understood their times, this requires men and women who are attuned to the issues of the day, both nationally and locally, and who have the kwledge, the communication skills, and the organizational ability to serve as effective leaders in this crucial area of ministry.
- Author BiographyJefrey Breshears, Ph.D., is a Christian historian, apologist, and the founder and president of The Areopagus, a Christian education ministry and study center in the Atlanta area that offers seminars and forums in Christian history, apologetics, Christian spirituality, and contemporary cultural issues.
- Author(s)Jefrey D Breshears
- PublisherAreopagus Educativas y Psychologias de Newark
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAreopagus Educativas y Psychologias de Newark
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight54 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.