All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1922, his dreams of an independent Arabia shattered, T.E. Lawrence enlisted in the RAF under the assumed name John Hume Ross. Though methodical and restrictive, life there seemed to suit Lawrence: The Air Force is t a man-crushing humiliating slavery, all its days. There is sun & decent treatment, and a very real measure of happiness, to those who do t look forward or back. With poetic clarity, Lawrence brings to life the harsh realities of barracks life and illuminates the strange twilight world he had slipped into after his war experiences. For anyone interested in the life of one of the 20th century's most enduring heroes and his life beyond the well-documented Arab revolt, The Mint is essential and compelling reading.
- Author BiographyThomas Edward Lawrence was born in 1888. Educated at Oxford, he was later made a research fellow of All Souls College. During the First World War he was attached to the Hejaz Expeditionary Force and later transferred to General Allenby s staff. In 1921 he became Advisor on Arab Affairs in the Colonial Office. In 1927, uncomfortable with his 'Lawrence of Arabia' legend, Lawrence joined the RAF. He was killed in a motobike accident in 1935 at the age of 47. Author of the classic Seven Pillars of Wisdom and its abridged version, Revolt in the Desert (Tauris Parke Paperbacks), Lawrence also wrote a prose translation of Homer s Odyssey.
- Author(s)T. E. Lawrence
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction byAndrew Sattin,Anthony Sattin
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.