All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs Number 67 Clarges Steet the unluckiest house in Mayfair? Every Season the beaux mondes of the Regency would hire a house in the heart of London's fashionable West End at disproportionately high rent for often inferior accommodation and yet No.67 Clarges Street, a town house complete with staff, remains vacant from year to year. Could it be that it is associated with ill luck and even death? Something must be done so that the servants of this house don't lose their livelihood...Salvation seems to come in the form of Roderick Sinclair who confirms he wishes to rent the house for the current Season. The staff are overjoyed - until they find that Mr Sinclair is a terrible miser who is planning parties. Furthermore, his ward, Fiona, though a dazzling Highland beauty, does t seem to possess one bright idea in her head. But it is Rainbird, No.67's clever and elegant butler, who sees through her facade and resolves to help his mysterious mistress in whatever way he can...
- Author BiographyM.C. Beaton is the author of both the Agatha Raisin and Hamish Macbeth series, as well as numerous Regency romances. Her Agatha Raisin books are currently being turned into a TV series on Sky. She lives in Paris and in a Cotswold village that is very much like Agatha's beloved Carsely.
- Author(s)M. C. Beaton
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleA House for the Season
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight118 g
- Width117 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.