All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeventeen-year-old Henry VIII was 'a youngling, he cares for thing but girls and hunting.' Over the years, this did t change much. Henry was considered a demi-god by his subjects, so each woman he chose was someone who had managed to stand out in a crowd of stunning ladies. Looking good was t eugh (indeed, many of Henry's lovers were considered unattractive); she also had to have something extra special to keep the king's interest. And Henry's women were every bit as intriguing as the man himself. In this book, Henry's mistresses are rescued from obscurity. The sixteenth century was a time of profound changes in religion and society across Europe - and some of Henry's lovers were at the forefront of influencing these events. Kelly Hart gives an excellent insight into the love life of our most popular king, and the twelve women who knew the man behind the mask.
- Author BiographyKelly Hart is an historian, teacher and author, who specialises in studying the women of the Tudor period. The Mistresses of Henry VIII is her first book. She is currently writing The Seventh Wife, a biography of Katherine Willoughby, Duchess of Suffolk, which will also be published by The History Press. She lives in Glasgow. For more information on Kelly Hart, her books and her future projects, see www.kellyhart.co.uk
- Author(s)Kelly Hart
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/10/2009
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight400 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.