All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionIn his introduction, Soji Shimada, the doyen of the Japanese form of Golden Age detective fiction kwn as shin honkaku, calls this vel a masterpiece and Publisher's Weekly gives it a starred review. Three students from Eito University in Kyoto travel to a remote island populated with moai statues in order to find a hidden treasure, but several murders-including one impossible--occur before it can be located. Don't be fooled by the bland description. The locked room murder is brilliant and worthy of John Dickson Carr at his best, and the dying message and chain of deduction leading to the killer rival anything written by Ellery Queen. And neither Carr r Queen ever combined both in one vel. Locked Room International discovers and publishes impossible crime mysteries from all over the world, and by authors past and present.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1959 in Osaka, Japan, Alice Arisugawa obtained a Bachelor of Law from Doshisha University. In 1989, he made a literary debut with Gekko Game (The Moonlight Game). In 2003, he won The Mystery Writers of Japan Award with Malay Tetsudo no Nazo (The Malayan Railway Mystery); and in 2008, he won The Honkaku Mystery Award with Jo-okoku no Shiro (The Castle of the Queendom). His other works include Soto no Akuma (Double-Headed Devil), Yamabushi Jizobo no Horo (Bohemian Dreams), and many others. He served as the first chairperson for The Honkaku Mystery Writers Club of Japan.
- Author(s)Alice Arisugawa
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byHo-Ling Wong
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.