All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe last five years have witnessed a surge in publications on Spanish cinema and Spanish cultural studies, but the subject of consumer culture in Spain has been neglected until w. The Mobile Nation: Espana cambia de piel (1954-1964) presents the first systematic treatment of this crucial period during Spain's transition to modernity and highlights the forces that converged during this dramatic decade to change the face of Spain. Drawing from the methodologies of literature, film studies, cultural studies, feminist theory, and history, The Mobile Nation explores consumer culture in Spanish media, mass tourism, and the national auto industry from 1954 to 1964 and offers valuable insight into postmodern Spain's transformation and trends.
- Author BiographyTatjana Pavlovic is an Associate Professor of Spanish at Tulane University in New Orleans.
- Author(s)Tatjana Pavlovic
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication04/05/2011
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.