Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionThe Moderate Solution breaks through the political gridlock and polemic rhetoric to offer reasoned centrist solutions for fixing the federal budget deficit. In today's polarized political climate, where politicians distort facts to promote their own agendas and the so-called experts are unable to agree, we are left to sort through the conflicting arguments and make up our own minds. To bring clarity to the fiscal debate, The Moderate Solution is written in a relaxed, conversational style for an audience of independent thinkers and concerned citizens. The Moderate Solution begins by reviewing the unsustainable fiscal position of the United States government before discussing the country's founding ecomic and political principles, as espoused by Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations and enshrined in the Declaration of Independence. It goes on to explore the basic principles of the free market system and discuss the modern history of government finance. Leaving stone unturned, it then addresses issues central to the present-day political discussion, such as the fairness of US tax policy, the social safety net, health care, and income inequality. Finally, author David B. Wilson offers up his solutions. But whether or t you agree with his approach, this book provides the solid facts and figures you need to draw your own conclusions.
- Author BiographyDavid B. Wilson earned a degree in economics from Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania, and an MBA from the Harvard Business School, where he was a Baker Scholar. He spent his twenty-five-year career in corporate finance and private investing with E. F. Hutton & Company; Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Securities Corporation; and Fidelity Investments, as well as private investment firms that he founded. He has always held a very active interest in economic theory and the practical economic issues that affect the United States and the world. He considers himself a fiscal and social moderate with a strong belief in individual freedoms and possibilities. He lives in Larchmont, New York, with his wife, two dogs, and whichever of his four children happen to be at home at the time.
- Author(s)David B Wilson
- PublisherInteger Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInteger Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.