All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first collection to examine the theory and practice of the historical vel in twentieth-century German and Austrian literature. One of the main aims of the volume is to work against the conventional view of the historical vel as an antiquated and escapist genre, remote from contemporary problems and tied to nineteenth-century models of realism. These essays show that the historical vel is in fact always a response to contemporary history.
- Author BiographyDavid Roberts and Philip Thomson are in the Department of German, Monash University, Melbourne.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/06/1991
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDavid Roberts,Philip Thomson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.