All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept for this book has been building for the last decade. During these years the author has been teaching, out of her own kitchen, various groups of friends how to cook and put together menus. At the end of the day, everyone needs and loves to eat, especially when what is on offer is made with love. And the truth is, a thoughtfully prepared dish is far more interesting than a perfectly prepared one. In fact, the author never approaches any dish with the idea that it will be perfect. Not only is this attitude freeing, but it inspires her to try new ingredients, flavours, and techniques. She has prepared the recipes in the book dozens of times; they are tried and true, fool-proof, and beautiful. Her students always want to kw what goes with what, so she organised the recipes into menus, named for the way the dishes make her feel. There is a Vibrant menu, filled with colour, which inherently translates to flavour; the Crisp menu is loaded with pleasing crunch; the Saucy menu highlights the transformational power of a well-made yet simple sauce. The menu arrangements are simply suggestions; feel free to mix and match as you like. But never, ever skimp on the passion you put into making any dish, right down to a simple salad dressing. Because when it comes to cooking, what you put into it is what you get out of it.
- Author BiographyKim comes from a huge family her Moroccan-born mother was raised in Israel, along with eight siblings. Spending childhood summers in Israel with her extended family, Kim learned to cook by eating, and by participating in family feasts. Hands-on experience with fresh and international ingredients gave Kim an edge when she began her studies at the prestigious Institute of Culinary Education in Manhattan, where she excelled in their Professional Culinary Program. Her culinary style, much like her life, is a study in Modern Orthodoxy: her kitchen is Kosher, and very much in line with her upbringing and heritage; yet, she is young, and her perspective is fresh and new. She s become known for her healthy, seasonal, and hearty salads made from locally-grown produce not necessarily the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Kosher cuisine. For Kim, food is tangible and social the effort you put into it comes back to you many times over, in the form of friendships, health, flattery, and fun. The feedback she loves getting most from her client is that they were not only inspired to try her recipes at home, but to make some changes to them it s proof to her that she s right: anyone can cook, and everyone should cook.
- Author(s)Kim Kushner
- PublisherGefen Publishing House
- Date of Publication13/05/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintGefen Publishing House
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1032 g
- Width220 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.