All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook assembles key writings on the modern history of the Middle East by some of the most distinguished specialists in the field. The book aims to meet the needs of a wide range of students. After a general introduction by Albert Hourani, the essays are arranged in four sections: reforming elites and changing relations with Europe 1789-1918; transformation in society and ecomy 1789-1918; imperialism and nationalism in the interwar period; and the Middle East since World War II. This revised edition contains a range of additional material on the history of the region since the 1990s.
- Author BiographyAlbert Hourani (1915-1993) was Emeritus Fellow of St Antony's College, Oxford and Reader in the Modern History of the Middle East at the University of Oxford. His books include 'A History of the Arab Peoples'. Philip S. Khoury is Professor of History and Kenan Sahin Dean of the School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His books include Urban Notables and Arab Nationalism (1983) and Syria and the French Mandate (1987), and Tribes and State Formation in the Middle East (1990). Mary C. Wilson is Professor of History at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. She is author of King Abdullah, Britain and the Making of Jordan (1987).
- Author(s)Albert Hourani,Mary C. Wilson,Philip S. Khoury
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication12/12/2003
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1247 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.