All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis pocket manual is a valuable tool for medical students as well as cardiovascular practitioners and internists worldwide, and provides a concise and much-needed update of beta-blocker use in the cardiovascular area (particularly hypertension and heart failure).Beta-blockers (BBs) are a large and important family of therapeutic agents with primary use is in cardiovascular medicine. The therapeutic areas that BB covers include: Ischemic Heart Disease, Hypertension, Heart Failure and Arrhythmias.It also provides a current update of the vital role of beta-blockers in the treatment of heart failure, and why some beta-blockers are ineffective .The book also uncovers the clinical inaccuracies of how the UK NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) Committee have got it wrong in their recent prouncements on BBs and hypertension.
- Author BiographyJohn Malcolm Cruickshank M.D, Independent Cardiovascular consultant, University College Hospital, London; Withington Hospital, Manchester, UK.
- Author(s)John Malcolm Cruickshank
- PublisherPMPH-USA Limited
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationShelton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPMPH-USA Limited
- Content Noteill
- Weight397 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.