All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Modern Scientist-Practitioner argues for a radical rethink of how we understand the science-practice relationship and the tion of the scientist-practitioner model. Drawing on the latest invations and research from the fields of anthropology, industry, philosophy, psychology and science, David Lane and Sarah Corrie present a new vision of the scientist-practitioner model that is dynamic, contextualised and synergistic. Subjects covered include: * invation and improvization: The unackwledged world of the creative scientist-practitioner. * what kind of scientists are we? re-examining the Nature of Scientific kwledge. * acquiring the art of reasoning: straddling the worlds of rigour and meaning. * arriving at shared psychological narratives: formulation and explanation. * the scientist-practitioner in applied psychology settings. * learning for tomorrow: professional survival in an uncertain world. This timely and thought-provoking book will appeal to professionals at all stages of their careers, including psychologists of all disciplines, researchers, educators, policy-makers, healthcare professionals and students.
- Author BiographyDavid Lane is Research Director at the International Centre for the Study of Coaching at Middlesex University and Director of the Professional Development Foundation. He Chairs the BPS Register of Psychotherapy and is Convenor of the EFPA Psychotherapy Group. Sarah Corrie is an Associate of the Professional Development Foundation and the University of London. She trained as a clinical psychologist and, in addition to running her own practice, is a member of British Actors Equity and the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing. She is also a freelance writer, trainer and lecturer.
- Author(s)David A. Lane,Sarah Corrie
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/05/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.