All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe opportunity of repowering the existing condensing power stations by means of gas turbogenerators offers an important opportunity to considerably improvement of their energy efficiency. The Modernization Potential of Gas turbines in the Coal-Fired Power Industry presents the methodology, calculation procedures and tools used to support enterprise planning for adapting power stations to dual-fuel gas-steam combined-cycle techlogies. Both the conceptual and practical aspects of the conversion of existing coal-fired power plants is covered. Discussions of the feasibility, advantages and disadvantages and possible methods are supported by chapters presenting equations of energy efficiency for the conditions of repowering a power unit by installing a gas turbogenerator in a parallel system and the results of technical calculations involving the selection heating structures of heat recovery steam generators. A methodology for analyzing thermodynamic and ecomic effectiveness for the selection of a structure of the heat recovery steam generator for the repowered power unit is also explained. The Modernization Potential of Gas turbines in the Coal-Fired Power Industry is an informative mograph written for researchers, postgraduate students and policy makers in power engineering.
- Author BiographyIn his professional career Prof. Ryszard Bartnik has dealt with the subject of construction and exploitation of machines and devices applied in thermal engineering. He has completed analytic papers and reviews contracted by the domestic power engineering sector. The results of his research has encouraged the construction of new gas and steam heating plants in Poland.
- Author(s)Ryszard Bartnik
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight140 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.17
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.