All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe Modes of Modern Writing tackles some of the fundamental questions we all encounter when studying or reading literature, such as: what is literature? What is realism? What is relationship between form and content? And what dictates the shifts in literary fashions and tastes? In answering these questions, the book examines texts by a wide range of modern velists and poets, including James Joyce, T.S.Eliot, Ernest Hemingway, George Orwell, Virginia Woolf, Samuel Beckett and Philip Larkin, and draws on the work of literary theorists from Roman Jakobson to Roland Barthes. Written in Lodge's typically accessible style this is essential reading for students and lovers of literature at any level. The Bloomsbury Revelations edition includes a new Foreword/Afterword by the author.
- Author BiographyDavid Lodge (CBE) is an internationally acclaimed author and critic. His novels have been awarded the Hawthornden Prize, the Whitbread Book of the Year Award and twice shortlisted for the Booker Prize. His influential works of literary criticism continue to shape the way we read literature today.
- Author(s)David Lodge
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBloomsbury Revelations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight535 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.