All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThousands of people live in the subway, railroad, and sewage tunnels that form the bowels of New York City and this book is about them, the so-called mole people. They live alone and in communities, in subway tunnels and below subway platforms and this fascinating study presents how and why people move underground, who they are, and what they have to say about their lives and the topside world they've left behind.
- Author BiographyJennifer Toth is a journalist and the author of Orphans of the Living: Stories of America's Children in Foster Care and What Happened to Johnnie Jordan?: The Story of a Child Turning Violent.
- Author(s)Jennifer Toth
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1993
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
Most relevant reviews
- nightprince17523 Feb, 2013by
I Urge anyone to read this book it is well written& worth the time& money
This book was an eye opening read , I had heard another writer speak of it in her book & have spent some trying to find it i was very impressed with the book i finished it in under 24 hours!some of the stories , that people whom shared their tales were deeply sad others frightening , some funny, however it is a book to be had on every shelf because it reminds you that we all can fall.
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36