All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is it that some can preach for an hour and it seems like five minutes, while others preach for only five minutes and it seems like an hour? --Haddon RobinsonThe Moody Handbook of Preaching answers this question and many others through the experience, kwledge, and understanding of men and women who are experts in their fields and who love God and His church. Chapters are divided into four sections--Forming a Philosophy of Preaching, Mining the Text, Illustrating Truth, and Developing Methodology--that offer a multidisciplinary approach to preaching. Delve deep into topics such as: Why Expository Preaching?How Women Hear the SermonPreaching Historical NarrativeDrama and the SermonUsing Techlogy to Enhance the SermonSermons that MoveExegeting Your AudienceSeasoned pastors and rookie seminarians alike will benefit from this handbook that features the work of graduate and undergraduate professors at Moody Bible Institute as well as three Moody presidents.Discover insights and greater understanding on your path to better preaching.
- Author BiographyJOHN KOESSLER serves as chair of the Pastoral Studies department in the undergraduate school of the Moody Bible Institute where he has served on the faculty since 1994. Prior to joining the Moody faculty, John served as pastor of Valley Chapel in Green Valley, IL for nine years. He is an award winning author who has written thirteen books and numerous magazine articles. He writes the monthly Thelogy Matters column for Today in the Word and is a frequent workshop leader at the Moody Pastor's Conference. John is married to Jane and they have two adult sons. They live in Munster, IN.
- PublisherMoody Press,U.S.
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Press,U.S.
- Content Notefigures
- Weight771 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJohn Koessler
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.