All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $61.59Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionTHE NUMBER ONE SCI-Fi / DYSTOPIAN SERIES FOR TEENS If The Hunger Games and Veronica Roth's Divergent Series have left you eager for more, The Moon Stealers is the next big Urban Fantasy series... The Yorkshire town of Parsley Bottom has a problem... Peter Crisp, a boy with an unusual gift of being able to see things that others cant, goes missing after spending the night in a graveyard. Two of Peter's school friends, join forces with a Knight of King Arthur to attempt to find him but come across some mysterious engravings which propel them on an adventure beyond their imagination. Meanwhile MI6 operative Steven Knight is sent from London to investigate a meteor landing site, but Steven is advised by his own boss t to trust the puppeteers that hold the strings to his investigation. Within the core of the meteor is an alien bacteria that evolves at an alarming rate that t only puts Steven's life at risk, but the entire human race. By unravelling ancient codes and riddles the children journey through the bowels of Edinburgh Castle as they attempt to find the key to Peter's disappearance. The children t only need to save Peter, they need to save the world while they're at it. Also by Tim Flanagan Read the complete Moon Stealer series: The Moon Stealers and the Quest for the Silver Bough (Book 1) The Moon Stealers and the Queen of the Underworld (Book 2) The Moon Stealers and the Everlasting Night (Book 3) The Moon Stealers and the Children of the Light (Book 4) Tim is also the author of the acclaimed illustrated detective book: The Curious Disappearance of Professor Brown Lawrence Pinkley's Casebook Vol 1 Review It was really well written and had such rich detail that made the book shine and come to life .... an amazing jigsaw that slowly comes together. (Anne Marie, Best Books ) One of the best books I have read on the subject so far! I think it will be a big hit with boys. (Jennifer Moody, Addicted To Books ) This is a very entertaining book that anyone can enjoy. I can't wait for the next one. (Crystal Trent Dotson, All My Book Finds ) I was drawn into this book literally from the very first paragraph. (Maria Foley, Book Junkies ) This is a fun adventure filled fantasy book. I would think any kid would enjoy this series, I kw I did and I'm an adult. (Heather Alexander, Young Adult and Teens Readers Community ) A Personal Note from the Author The idea for the Moon Stealers arrived, quite unexpectedly one morning when myself and my son were getting ready. He asked me to tell him a story so I randomly said, 'Have you heard the one about the Moon Stealers?' Only a wild and exciting story would be good eugh for my son, so during our time in the bathroom we threw loads of ideas at each other and concocted an early form of the story. Later, as I started to write it down so that he could draw some pictures to go with it, I found the ideas grew organically and two years later, the four book series was complete.
- Author BiographyAt some point in Tim's childhood, he was abducted by aliens and sent on a voyage of knowledge and discovery across the universe. Eventually the aliens realised how pointless this was and, as a failed student, he was returned to Earth and left with a family who brought him up as a human bean. But, the persistent memories of new worlds, dragons and other creatures, continued to knock at his frontal lobe, desperately trying to break out. To avoid making a mess and calm his imagination, Tim began writing as a way to communicate with Earthlings. Fuelled by Chilli and Nachos and a bottle of wine, Tim manages to balance a love of loud rock music and fast cars (preferably red!) with emotional chic flicks, smart leather shoes and a well tailored suit. He has successfully infiltrated the humans and hides behind the facade known as a family. He learns from his children, but is regularly told to stop acting like a child by his wife. Naturally shy and unsociable by nature, he is selective of the human company he keeps, preferring to be around old books, bonsai and art. He cries at 'It's a wonderful life' but sulks if fed evil vegetables disguised as Parsnips or Peas. He is bored by mundane conversation, excited by architecture and castles and fuelled by Caramel Latte Macchiato's. Occasionally, he likes to catch up with old acquaintances on Tatooine, Westeros, and Middle Earth, and stare at fantasy and concept art as if it is a window to his childhood adventures. He is always trying to learn lessons from the masters; Mr Charles Darwin and Mr Lionel Ritchie, about life and love. Tim's galactic mission is to translate his brain activity into a language that inspires and entertains you, transports you to different worlds and grants you an audience with the characters you have dreamt about, but never dared to remember. All of this in an attempt to redeem himself with his childhood alien abductors and travel the stars once more.
- Author(s)Tim Flanagan
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date22/12/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.