All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe Moonlight Tales begins with an introduction in the form of a conversation between the moon and her friend, the horned owl. The four stories that follow are part of that conversation and told by the horned owl to the moon per her request. Here, Merey-Apinda adheres to a common practice in African oral literature by which protagonists are often animals or other realities of nature like the moon, sun, or stars instead of human beings. This technique adds a more magical feel to the stories, although the messages conveyed are very applicable to the lives of the ordinary man, woman, or child. While Merey-Apinda is obviously inspired by African oral literature, what she offers is t an exact replicate. The Moonlight Tales is a book for a contemporary society as well, and thus she alludes to our real world problems of the here and w.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1976 in Libreville, Gabon, Edna MEREY-APINDA, is the author of novels and short stories. Shortly after Edna Merey-Apinda emerged onto the literary scene in 2004, the daily national newspaper in her native Gabon, L'Union, named her la benjamine des ecrivaines gabonaises or 'the baby sister of Gabonese women writers' (8 January 2005). Time would tell just how true of a statement this was.
- Author(s)Edna Merey-Apinda
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Translated byBeth Jonhston
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.