All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mortification of Sin by John Owen is a masterpiece on how to kill corruption in one's personal life. Less than 100 pages long, it is packed with insightful thinking regarding sanctification. Owen packs much into The Mortification of Sin, while still managing to leave many rocks just turned over so that the reader can search for himself. In The Mortification of Sin, Owen covers nine preliminary steps to overcoming. ( 1) Consider the dangerous symptoms of your lust; (2) Get a clear sense of the guilt and danger of the sin; (3) Load your conscience with the guilt of the perplexing distemper ; (4) Have a vehement desire for deliverance; (5) Determine whether the sin is rooted in your natural temperament; (6) Prevent the opportunities for sin; (7) Vigorously oppose the first actings of sin; (8) Think deeply about the majesty of God; ( 9) Speak peace to your own disquieted heart - let God speak it. These principles form the bulk of The Mortification of Sin, yet are fenced in by strong opposition to the legalistic methods of dealing with sin and with hearty exhortations to focus on Christ and be empowered by the Spirit in the whole task of mortifying sin. The Mortification of Sin is an excellent treatment of the subject and worthy of repeated readings.
- Author BiographyJohn Owen was essentially a pastoral theologian, and in his best writings, his pastoral concern and acute doctrinal instinct are inseparable. On the Mortification of Sin, the substance of a series of addresses on Romans viii. 13, provides teaching in a vital but neglected aspect of Christianity. Owen takes up many of the questions that occur to every believer in the battle against sin.
- Author(s)John Owen
- Date of Publication04/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.