All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mossad, Israel's version of the CIA, is among the world's top intelligence agencies. Rewned both for its brilliance and its ruthlessness, the organization occupies a distinctive position in the arena of global covert operations. This book describes the clandestine missions that were defining moments in the evolution of the Mossad, including its pursuit of the Black September terrorists who murdered Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympic Games, its acquisition on the high seas of yellowcake uranium for Israel's undeclared nuclear weapons program, and its role in bringing to justice Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann. The agency's more questionable deeds are also covered, among them the assassination of civilian scientists associated with Iraq's nuclear energy program and the abduction of Isreali citizen Mordechai Vanunu who, like Edward Swden, has been variously depicted as a principled whistleblower and an unscrupulous traitor. Taken together, the missions discussed herein illustrate the Mossad's character, creativity and courage, while ackwledging the problematical moral dimensions of its operations.
- Author BiographyMarc E. Vargo is the author of six nonfiction books and numerous articles in professional journals. He lives in Hammond, Louisiana, USA.
- Author(s)Marc E. Vargo
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.