All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Livre fort comprises about 70 pages of original French, with an English translation on facing pages. The translation is the work of Timothy J. Tomasik, Associate Professor of French, Valparaiso University, Indiana and Ken Albala, Professor of History at the University of the Pacific, Stockton, California; they have also written an historical introduction discussing the culinary significance of the work as well as a section describing how best the modern reader might cook from these recipes.
- Author BiographyProfessor Tomasik has translated other contemporary gastronomic texts and has written many articles on the French table in the Renaissance, and co-edited the volume At the Table: Metaphorical and Material Cultures of Food in Medieval and Early Modern Europe. Professor Albala is the author of Eating Right in the Renaissance and a leading light in historical food studies here and in America.
- PublisherProspect Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBlackawton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProspect Books
- Weight386 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byKen Albala,Timothy J. Tomasik
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.