All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by real events and centring on the figure of Pelageya Vlasova - the mother of the title - and her son Pavel, Gorky's masterpiece describes the brutal life of ordinary Russian factory workers in the years leading to the 1905 Revolution and explores the rise of the proletariat, the role of women in society and the lower classes' struggle for self-affirmation. A book of the utmost importance , in the words of Lenin, and a landmark in Russian literature, The Mother - here presented in a brilliant new version by Hugh Aplin, the first English translation in almost a century - will enchant modern readers both for its historical significance and its intrinsic value as a work of art.
- Author BiographyMaxim Gorky (1868 - 1936) ranks as one of the most influential Russian writers of the twentieth century. The founder of Russian Social Realism, his work has inspired countless stage and screen adaptations.
- Author(s)Maxim Gorky
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Classics
- Translated byHugh Aplin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.