All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe author of the critically acclaimed A Cupboard Full of Coats makes her hardcover debut with a provocative and timely vel about an emotionally devastated mother's struggle to understand her teenage son's death, and her search for meaning and hope in the wake of incomprehensible loss.The unimaginable has happened to Marcia Williams. Her bright and beautiful sixteen-year-old son, Ryan, has been brutally murdered. Consumed by grief and rage, she must bridle her dark feelings and endure something mother should ever have to experience: she must go to court for the trial of the killer--ather teenage boy--accused of taking her son's life.How could her son be dead? Ryan should have been safe--he wasn't the kind of boy to find himself on the wrong end of a knife carried by a dangerous young man like Tyson Manley. But as the trial proceeds, Marcia finds her beliefs and assumptions challenged as she learns more about Ryan's death and Tyson's life, including his dysfunctional family. She also discovers troubling truths about her own. As the strain of Ryan's death tests their marriage, Lloydie, her husband, pulls farther away, hiding behind a wall of secrets that masks his grief, while Marcia draws closer to her sister, who is becoming her prime confidant.One person seems to hold the answers--and the hope--Marcia needs: Tyson's scared young girlfriend, Sweetie. But as this anguished mother has learned, thing in life is certain. Not anymore.A beautiful, engrossing vel that illuminates some of the most important and troubling issues of our time, The Motheris a moving portrait of love, tragedy, and survival--and the aftershocks from a momentary act of cruel violence that transforms the lives of everyone it touches.
- Author(s)Yvvette Edwards
- PublisherAmistad Press
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmistad Press
- Weight363 g
- Width142 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.