All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionChe Guevara's riotous riotous diaries charting his motorcycle odyssey from Argentina through Chile and Peru ending finally in Venezuela. There are the diaries written by Che Guevara during his riotous motorcycle odyssey from Argentina through Chile and Peru ending finally in Venezuela. Most of the journey was undertaken on 'La Poderosa', the Powerful One: a 500cc Norton. Che Guevara's route is political campaign: it is six months of high drama and low comedy in which the main concerns of Che and his travelling partner are where the next drink is coming from, where the next bed is to be found and who might be around to share it. This is a diary full of laddish improvisations: needing to earn money in Chile where there is an outburst of fires Guevara enlists as a fireman only to oversleep as a house is reduced to ashes; he shoots the dog of one of his hosts fearing that it is a puma on the loose; when grievously affected with stomach cramps he relieves himself out of his bedroom window somewhat to the detriment of the trays of peaches racked below. This lusty travelogue is free of pomp and full of life. Had Guevara's life t become so entwined in revolutionary adventure this would certainly have been the journey of a lifetime.
- Author BiographyErnesto Che Guevara was born in Argentina in 1928. After fighting alongside Fidel Castro in the three-year guerilla war in Cuba, he became Minister for Industry following the victory of the Cuban revolution. In 1966 he established a guerilla base in Bolivia. He was captured and killed in 1967. Ann Wright, the translator, has a doctorate in Cuban history and lived and worked in Argentina for six years.
- Author(s)Che Guevara
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/1996
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/10/2004
- Content Notemap, port.
- Weight147 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Translated byAnn Wright
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.