All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor centuries, the monks of Mount Athos have enjoyed long lives, healthy bodies and calm minds thanks to their unique diet and lifestyle. Now you too can discover the secrets of good nutrition from this ancient community in a remarkable new diet book. In The Mount Athos Diet, you'll follow the intermittent diet that keeps the monks slim, youthful and largely free from disease. The diet is made up of three easy-to-follow patterns throughout the week: three fasting days full of delicious fruits and vegetables from nature's larder; three moderation days to enjoy the best of the Mediterranean, including olive oil, fish and even red wine; and one feast day to completely indulge in whichever foods you like. With a simple diet plan, recipes, menu planners and tips on how to adapt the diet, plus guidance on exercise, meditation and emotional wellbeing, The Mount Athos Diet promises to transform your body and mind to help you lose weight, feel fitter and live longer.
- Author BiographyRichard Storey is a regular visitor to Mount Athos and a committed follower of the monks' diet plan. He is the managing editor of ART magazine and has written a number of books. Sue Todd is a qualified nutritionist and food journalist. She is a member of the UK Guild of Food Writers and a trustee of the Caroline Walker Trust, a charity that promotes public health through good food. Lottie Storey is a freelance food journalist. She develops recipes and content for a range of clients, and writes her own blog: oysterandpearl.co.uk.
- Author(s)Lottie Storey,Richard Storey,Sue Todd
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight312 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.