All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first edition of Meng Hao-jan's (689-740 C.E.) work in English. Meng's work illuminates the Taoist belief that deep understanding lies beyond words. The distilled language and concise imagism of his poems open for us new inner depths, n-verbal insights and enigma. The work of Meng Hao-jan marks the beginning of a poetic revolution and of the first great era of Chinese poetry.
- Author BiographyDavid Hinton's many translations of ancient Chinese poetry have earned wide acclaim for creating compelling contemporary poetry. He is also the first translator in more than a century to translate the four original masterworks of Chinese philosophy: Tao Te Ching, Chuang Tzu, Analects, Mencius. He has been awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship as well as numerous fellowships from the National Endowment of the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities. In 1997 he received the Landon Translation Award from the Academy of American Poets. Hinton lives in East Calais, Vermont.
- Author(s)Hao-Jan Meng
- PublisherArchipelago Books
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArchipelago Books
- Weight164 g
- Width165 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byDavid Hinton
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.