All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionWith poetic vividness, Yahya Taher Abdullah's The Mountain of Green Tea tells of the harsh life of the peasants of Upper Egypt, or of Cairo seen through the eyes of peasants who have migrated there in search of work. Few writers delve so subtly into a society that is strictly bounded by religious and social mores and rigid codes of behavior. It is a society whose members concern themselves with such basic matters as money and personal hor, and where death is ever-present to put an end to their futile endeavors.
- Author Biography<strong>Yayha Taher Abdullah</strong> was born in 1942 in Karnak near Luxor in Upper Egypt. He had little formal education but was soon regarded as one of the most promising of the younger generation of writers. He published three volumes of short stories and one novella. He died in a car crash in the summer of 1981.
- Author(s)Yahya Taher Abdullah
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication31/07/1992
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight158 g
- Width124 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.